Select Media Upload to select a local media file. Drag-and-drop or Choose a file to upload. Uploaded media is Private by default.
• The easiest way to transfer a media file from your phone or tablet to My Media is using the Canvas Student app, available from Google Play and the App Store.
• If you are transferring a file from a camcorder, GoPro, or other device, the easiest way may be to use a USB cable connection.
• Select Express Capture to record a video using a local webcam or USB camera. (described later)
• Select Kaltura Capture to record a screen capture recording. (described later)
• Select Video Quiz to create a video quiz based on an existing video. (described later)
4. Once the media has been uploaded or created, it is visible and accessible as an asset in My Media. Depending on its file size, it may take a few minutes before it can be accessed and played.
5. In My Media, click/press on the media’s preview image or title in order to:
• View the file, and its transcript
• Add a description
• Customize, access and copy the embed code
6. Under Actions > Edit, you can enhance the media:
• Edit the title and modify, select, or generate a new thumbnail image
• Upload or edit captions and add attachments (described later)
• Create chapter points in the video and synchronize them to an uploaded slides deck or images (described later)